Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Is counselling and psychotherapy confidential?
Answer: Yes. The information you disclose will remain confidential between you and the Reflections Counselling and Psychotherapy Services team.
There are a few exceptions where, by law, it is required to break confidentiality.
These exceptions include if the counsellor/ Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) has reason to believe that:
- -You are at risk of seriously harming yourself.
- -You are at risk of seriously harming another person.
- -A child is at risk of being seriously harmed.
- -A health professional is harassing or abusing you, and/or
- -Your file is subpoenaed by a court.
Answer: Yes, in many cases. Please check with your insurance provider to see if counselling and psychotherapy services are covered by your plan and if your insurance provider offers you reimbursement for counselling and psychotherapy provided to you under the credentials of the counsellor/ Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying).